We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Systems Support Manager
Reports to: IT Director
Ryanair is the World's favourite airline and operates more than 1,500 flights per day from over 50 bases and 1,400 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting over 165 destinations. Ryanair operates a fleet of 290 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft with firm orders for a further 21 new aircraft (before taking account of planned disposals), which will be delivered over the next year. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people and expects to carry 75 million passengers in the current fiscal year.
The Systems support Manager will ensure best practice delivery of day-to-day operational server services across our production locations. The position is in a rapidly growing and diverse environment, with a wide range of different systems and software.
- Hands on role managing team responsible for implementation and management of all Windows server, Linux Server and many initiatives in the company.
- Candidate will have a proven track record in managing day-to-day operational tasks in a 24
- 7 environment
- Excellent people management skills required with the ability to get the best from support team, manage workloads and priorities.
- Excellent communications skills as you have key customer relationships across the business.
- Drive operating best practice and industry standards into working processes and procedures, linked to ITIL disciplines such as incident, change and problem management. Preferably from a SOX and PCI background.
- Weekly reporting including capacity/utilization, issues & risks, project status and achievements and planned activities.
- Ability to work with many vendors and 3rd parties
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering required
- 10 years of experience with comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware (Expert knowledge of most of the following areas is essential; HP/Dell hardware, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, IIS, Citrix, VMware, SQL, Oracle etc)
- 5 years+ experience in managing support team in an online environment.
- Excellent knowledge of tools / systems used to manage operational environments (security, networks, server management, capacity management)
- Excellent track record of delivering projects consistently on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to work multiple projects at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
Closing Date: 04/04/2012