Ryanair Announces 1 Million Pax Growth In 2013 In North West
1 MILLION NEW PASSENGERS & 1,000 NEW JOBS
Ryanair, Europe’s only ultra-low cost airline, today (31 Oct) announced 1m passenger growth at 3 North West airports in 2013, adding 1m new passengers and a total of 9 new routes at Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands airports, which will sustain up to 1,000 new jobs*.
Manchester Summer 2013:
· 34 routes, 5 new routes – Corfu, Krakow, Lanzarote, Paphos & Trapani
· 360,000 new passengers (over 2.4m pax)
· 360 new jobs, over 2,400 jobs in total
· 1 new aircraft
Liverpool Summer 2013:
· 39 routes, 2 new routes – Lublin & Zadar
· Over 180,000 new passengers (over 2.1m pax)
· 180 new jobs, over 2,100 jobs in total
East Midlands Summer 2013:
· 38 routes, 2 new routes – Marseille & Menorca (Growth on 17 other routes)
· 460,000 new passengers (over 2.3m pax)
· 460 new jobs, over 2,300 jobs in total
· 1 new aircraft
To celebrate 1m passenger growth in 2013 and the launch of its Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands 2013 summer schedules, Ryanair is launching a seat sale with 100,000 seats across its European network at prices starting from just £15.99 for travel on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thur in November and December, which are available for booking until midnight Thur (1 Nov).
Ryanair’s 9 new summer routes from Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands will be available for booking on www.ryanair.com
In Manchester today, Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary said:
“Ryanair today celebrates 1m passenger growth at three North West airports, with 9 new routes, which will sustain 1,000 new jobs at Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands airports.
Our 34 Manchester routes (including 5 new to Corfu, Krakow, Lanzarote , Paphos and Trapani), 39 Liverpool routes (including 2 new to Lublin and Zadar) and 38 East Midlands routes (including 2 new to Marseille and Menorca) will deliver almost 7m passengers and sustain over 7,000 jobs at Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands airports in 2013.”
* ACI confirms up to 1,000 ‘on-site’ jobs per 1m passengers