Prati di Tivo is a mountain resort on the north-east foothills of the Gran Sasso of Italy,
in the municipality of Pietracamela. The name seems to come from the meadows and lawns that
prosper even at 1450 meters of altitude. The resort is located at 6 km from the village centre
and 40 km from Teramo.
Many ski runs, a snow park, and several lifts are accessible by a ski Bus Servic. Prati di Tivo
is enjoyable during the summer too, with endless hiking possibilities suitable for experts and beginners.
The new chairlift-gondola allows improved transportation for the skiing area.The main chalet provides an excellent base for hiking or climbing in the Gran Sasso.
Within a short distance into the Arno Valley it’s possible to reach several spots and villages including
Isola Gran Sasso. There are possibilities for cyclists and an Adrenaline Bike park with over 4 miles of tracks.
Prati di Tivo winter sports resort in the subscripts of the Gran Sasso of Italy, has 5 lifts with an hourly capacity of 5900 people. The facilities consist of:
- Combined Plant No. 1 "La Madonnina" (quad chairs and cabins for 8 people) with automatic coupling and an intermediate station
- No 1 quad chairlift "Fonte Regina" drive coupling
- No 1 two-seater chairlift "Pilone di Mezzo" fixed coupling
- No 2 Ski-Jolly Field School
- No 1 "Baby Park Pratilandia" formed by a tapisroullant m long. 90
- No Snowparck 1
- Downhill skiing 15 km long about
- Alpine skiing slopes with artificial snow of 8 km
- Black runs 1 km
- Red runs 3 km
- Blue runs 11 km
- Bottom Ring 5 km
Follow directions to A14 motorway and take it towards Ancona.
Exit at Mosciano S. Angelo – Giulianova - Teramo, and then head towards Montorio al
Vomano, take the main road SP80 to Pietracamela followed by the main road SP43 and after
about 10 km of panoramic road you arrive to Pietracamela