General Terms & Conditions of Carriage
- AIR CARRIER LIABILITY FOR PASSENGERS AND THEIR BAGGAGE
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION
- CHECKED BAGGAGE
- CABIN BAGGAGE
- CHILDREN, INFANTS & YOUNG PERSONS
- FAMILY EXTRA - DISCOUNT OFFER
- BUSINESS PLUS - FLEXIBLE FARES
- CARRIAGE OF DISABLED PERSONS AND PERSONS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY
- PASSENGERS REQUIRED TO TRAVEL WITH AN ACCOMPANYING PERSON
- BLIND/VISION IMPAIRED PASSENGERS
- CARRIAGE OF GUIDE/ASSISTANCE DOGS
- DEAF OR HEARING IMPAIRED PASSENGERS
- ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIRS/SCOOTERS AND OTHER MOBILITY EQUIPMENT
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND SKIN CONDITIONS
- FLIGHT DATE, NAME & ROUTE CHANGES
- PRIORITY BOARDING
- ALLOCATED SEATING
- ATOL INFORMATION
PASSENGERS REQUIRED TO TRAVEL WITH AN ACCOMPANYING PERSON
We require an able bodied accompanying adult (aged 16 and over) to travel with an accompanying passenger when it is evident that a reduced mobility passenger is not self-reliant and could pose a risk to safety.
Guidelines for Air Passenger Self Reliance:
The below information regarding air passenger self reliance is set out by the UK Department for Transport -Access to Air Travel for Disabled People: Code of Practice (July 2008)
Each passenger must be self reliant by reference to all of the categories below. If not, then he/she must be travel with an able bodied accompanying adult aged 16 and over who is capable of providing the assistance required.
- Passengers must be capable of using toilet facilities unaided
- Passengers must be capable of feeding themselves unaided
- Passengers must be capable of administering their own medicines and medical procedures unaided.
- Can support their upper body without assistance
Where a reduced mobility passenger is travelling with an accompanying adult, we will do our best to ensure the accompanying passenger is seated next to them
Each able bodied accompanying adult cannot assist more than one reduced mobility passenger and must purchase the prevailing adult fare.
In order for an airport to provide pre-booked special assistance, passengers must present at the special assistance desk at least 1 hour 40 minutes before their flight departure.
Passengers with pre-booked assistance requirements should arrive at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior to the flight departure.