We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Quality Manager - KAMS
Reports to: Accountable Manager
Ryanair is the World's favourite airline and operates more than 1,500 flights per day from over 50 bases and 1,400 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting over 165 destinations. Ryanair operates a fleet of 297 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft with firm orders for a further 21 new aircraft (before taking account of planned disposals), which will be delivered over the next year. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people and expects to carry 75 million passengers in the current fiscal year.
Kaunas Aircraft Maintenance Services (KAMS) is an engineering services company supporting Ryanair's engineering function at Kaunas Airport. This is a great opportunity to join a new dynamic company. KAMS is now inviting applications for an engineering quality management position.
This is a senior technical position within the KAMS Management team, reporting to the Accountable Manager and responsible for establishing a safety and independent quality system to monitor compliance and ensure that work is accomplished to the highest standards of airworthiness and workmanship, to achieve good maintenance practices and compliance with PART-145 and EASA/CAA requirements.
- Performing a periodic review of the safety and quality system, by implementing a quality audit program in which compliance with all maintenance procedures is reviewed at regular intervals in relation to each type of aircraft or component maintained. Bringing to the attention of the person concerned, any findings of non-compliance or poor standards observed, with a time scale for remedial action, and reporting directly to the Accountable Manager an unsatisfactory response.
- Ensuring all aspects of the Part-145 authorization, company MOE and company procedures are complied with at all times.
- Granting of certification privileges within the organization, the issue of Inspection Stamps and staff authorizations, including examination / testing as necessary. The maintenance and retention of records of all certifying personnel with copies of CAA and any other licenses held; keeping a record of all training and experience of maintenance related personnel reporting with recommendations to the Hangar Manager as to staff requirements, licensed engineers, mechanics, skilled and unskilled etc.
- Producing company procedures to reflect the maintenance environment.
- Liaising with CAA on matters affecting approval.
- Liaising with the CAA, operators and manufacturers in respect of submission and progressing of Reportable Occurrences.
- Auditing of engineering document control systems.
- Ensuring aircraft documentation is completed and certified in accordance with the MOE and company procedures.
- Assessing the performance of personnel against experience, qualifications and training to ensure that they are sufficient for the tasks undertaken, and liaising with the Accountable and Hangar Manager with regard to the need for, extent of, and most effective form of training.
- Liaising with the customer in respect of planned scheduled maintenance and the rectification of defects.
- Monitoring subcontractors, external specialist services and supplies for satisfactory product and service reliability, to a standard acceptable to the organization and EASA/CAA.
- Joint responsibility with other nominated management personnel that in these respects the PART-145 approved maintenance organization is in compliance with PART-145 requirements. Review and amendment of the MOE. Ensuring all personnel are aware of the exposition contents and amendments and have open access to the current MOE and Procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
This is an EASA Form 4 nominated Post holder position. Suitable candidates will have at least 5 years experience working in heavy maintenance with an airline/MRO ideally in a supervisory/managerial role. You will be self-motivating with the ability to manage multiple tasks and to deliver solutions in a timely manner to meet the maintenance needs.
If you have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organization providing engineering support to Ryanair, then we want to hear from you!
Applicants should send a full CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26/08/2012