We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Duty Station Manager Stansted (9 Month Maternity cover)
Location: Stansted Airport
Reports to: STN Base Manager
Ryanair is Europe's only ultra-low cost airline, operating more than 1,500 flights per day (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases and 1,500 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting 178 destinations and operating a fleet of 305 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people, will carry over 79 million passengers in the current fiscal year (ending 31 Mar 2013) and has an unblemished 28-year safety record.
- Co-ordinating with our handling agent, Airport Authorities and third party providers on all ground handling activities on a shift basis to ensure all targets with regard to punctuality, mishandled baggage, health & safety, etc. are achieved and, where possible, improved.
- Ensuring all delays are thoroughly investigated and that appropriate actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Proactively identifying areas where we may improve our performance and increase our revenue.
- Participating in first wave conference calls and producing accurate and detailed reports regarding our first wave performance.
- Producing daily and monthly reports regarding operational issues and specific areas of responsibility.
- Attending all relevant departments on a per shift basis and ensuring all FR policies being fully implemented.
- Actioning deficiencies in key performance areas e.g. punctuality, recovery, mishandled baggage, baggage delivery times, damaged baggage, health & safety, etc. to ensure set performance criteria are achieved.
- Due to the nature of our operation, working irregular hours is a condition of your employment. You must be prepared to work shift duties, including night and day duties, and additional hours when required. Shift times and patterns may be changed, subject to operational requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
Detailed knowledge of all Ryanair Ground Operations procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Windows Literate (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- People Management skills
Closing Date: 23/11/2012