We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Flight SIM Engineer
Location: East Midlands Airport
Reports to: FSTD Engineering Manager East Midlands Training (EMT)
Ryanair is Europe's only ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC), operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 180 destinations in 29 countries and operating a fleet of 303 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 175 new Boeing aircraft, which will be delivered between 2014 and 2018. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,000 highly skilled professionals, will carry over 81.5 million passengers this year and has an outstanding 29-year safety record
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance of Qty 4 B737-800 FSTDs, Training equipment and associated Flight Training Devices to the standards expected by EMT.
- Perform daily readiness checks to ensure FSTD is ready for daily operation.
- Maintain Flight Simulator Equipment to JAR FSTD-A Level "D" Standard.
- Maintain the Quality System in accordance with JAA Requirements.
- Review and implement aircraft and vendor service bulletins.
- Install and verify aircraft loadable software.
- Liaise with aircrew at the technical level on aircraft systems to resolve defects.
- Liaise with technical inspectors at initial and recurrent qualifications.
- Liaise with FSTD vendors to rectify defects requiring vendor support.
- Run and check the scheduled Quality Test Guide (QTG) Tests.
- Design and embody modifications on the simulators to maintain compatibility with Ryanair fleet using hardware and software engineering skills.
- Conduct technical defect clearance with nominated flight crew.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of FSTD performance with a pilot.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of a visual database with a pilot.
- Maintain compliance with the UK Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Complete any other tasks that are reasonably required to carry out the daily operation of a Flight Simulator Training Centre.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Recognised Apprenticeship or Adult Training in electronic and avionic engineering
- Specialising in Digital Flight Simulation, Complex Digital Data Networking and Process Control using Distributed Micro processing.
- At least five years experience in military and/or civilian Flight Simulation.
Closing Date: 05/07/2013