We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Dublin Airport
Reports to: Systems Manager
Senior Systems EngineerRyanair is the World’s favourite airline and operates more than 1,500 flights per day from over 50 bases and 1,400 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting over 165 destinations. Ryanair operates a fleet of 290 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft with firm orders for a further 21 new aircraft (before taking account of planned disposals), which will be delivered over the next year. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people and expects to carry 75 million passengers in the current fiscal year.
Senior Systems Engineer ( VMWare, SAN, Microsoft Server )
You will deploy, maintain, monitor and support infrastructure-related activities of the organization. The Senior System Engineer must have experience building and configuring systems (hardware, software, file systems), work closely with other departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions in a project oriented environment.
- Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all VMware clusters and configurations
- Manage deployment & maintenance of SAN Storage systems
- Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of Windows servers, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Benchmark, analyse, and report on the Windows /Virtualisation infrastructure and systems.
- Provide third-level end-user services escalation requiring administrative assistance.
- Keep current with the latest technologies. Attend training classes.
Travel required: Infrequent; although travel to and from Data Centres should be expected
Experience and Qualifications:
Design and Architecture using industry best practice solutions that meet the need of the business. Primary technologies include: VMware , Microsoft Server Operating, Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, SQL and Microsoft Clustering, IIS and Apache
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware ESX, VMware vSphere and Hypervisors.
- Technical expertise in SAN storage – EVA
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 2003- 2008, SQL Server , Microsoft Exchange, and IIS
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Quick, effective trouble shooting methods
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Requirements for Senior Systems Engineer:
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with Storage Arrays / SAN
- Approx. 7 or more years of system administration experience on MS Windows platforms
- Good understanding of MS Windows architecture and system level resources
- Experienced with multi-vendor hardware and peripheral installation and maintenance.
- Experience in Windows system administration, configuration and scripting.
- Knowledge of IP networks and routing protocols
Closing Date: 06/01/2013