We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Windows Server Administrator
Location: Airside Business Park, Swords, Co Dublin
Reports to: IT Infastructure Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite low fares airline, operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 182 destinations in 30 countries and operating a fleet of over 300 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 175 new Boeing aircraft, which will be delivered between 2014 and 2018. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,000 highly skilled professionals, will carry over 81 million passengers this year and has an outstanding 29-year safety record.
The Windows Server Admin is responsible for the operation, maintenance and 24x7x365 support of the high-availability HP/Microsoft server/database/SAN platforms located in both remote and local Data Centres
Supports daily operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades and performance monitoring/tuning
Administers multiple systems including regular after-hour & weekend supports and 24x7x365 in a 99.999% uptime environment
Experience and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge with Active Directory/Windows server administration
- Familiarity with a multitude of Active Directory and HP and DELL blade server health tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows server infrastructure and networks
- Expert knowledge of system administration and remote management of blade and Windows servers
- Maintain Microsoft windows patch management and adhere to system security standards.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of both physical and virtual servers.
- Backup and recovery of OS and application information.
- Enforce Windows Server Administration and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Provide support escalation to the Helpdesk, Desktop Services and other groups as needed and complete tasks as required.
- Experience with supporting SQL databases on SAN platforms.
- MS-SQL Administration skills.
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Strong Windows Server background.
- Strong troubleshooting (root cause analysis) skills
- Experience with Datacenter Migrations, Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel
- Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery failover/failback and run-book documentation
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled
- Powershell scripting
Closing Date: 03/02/2014