We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Base Managers (Engineering Base Project Managers)
Reports to: Area Manager
Ryanair is Europe's only ultra-low cost airline, operating more than 1,500 flights per day (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases and 1,500 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting 178 destinations and operating a fleet of 305 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people, will carry over 79 million passengers in the current fiscal year (ending 31 Mar 2013) and has an unblemished 28-year safety record.
Ryanair and our Engineering partners are currently recruiting for a number of permanent Base Managers to be based at Ryanair bases in Mainland Northern-Europe. The Engineering Base Managers will be responsible for managing the Engineering function at a number of Ryanair bases however no specific Aircraft Engineering experience is required.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Aircraft Engineers delivering outstanding services to the 75 million passengers who travel with the World's favourite airline.
You will be responsible for managing small engineering teams at between 5 and 9 European bases including:
- Manpower planning and recruitment
- Performance management
- Ensuring appropriate spares and equipment are available at each base
- Negotiation and management of contracts with external suppliers
- Investigating maintenance delays and implementing strategies to prevent recurrence
- Budgeting and planning
Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with managerial experience who is ready, willing and able to manage small international teams in a highly task driven environment. Previous experience in Aviation or Engineering is not necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fast moving operational experience; retail, production, processing etc
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and to travel when required
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- Full computer literacy with experience of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Fluent English
- Experience managing people, especially managing small teams remotely
- The unrestricted right to work and travel in the EU
This is a permanent position, in which the successful candidate will be based in Mainland Northern Europe.
If you feel that you can deliver in this exciting, hands on role with Ryanair or one of our engineering partners, then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV in English via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: FRAM301 in the email subject
Closing Date: 20/08/2012