We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Senior Linux Administrator
Reports to: Systems Support Manager
Ryanair is Europe’s only ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC), operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 180 destinations in 29 countries and operating a fleet of 303 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 175 new Boeing aircraft, which will be delivered between 2014 and 2018. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,000 highly skilled professionals, will carry over 81.5 million passengers this year and has an outstanding 29-year safety record.
The Linux Administrator will be responsible for working with the Systems Support team specialising in administration and support of Linux servers, applications and services, from 1st to 2nd level capabilities, ensuring 24/7 availability of all Linux servers associated web sites, applications, services and meeting all agreed SLA’s. The Linux Administrator will be supporting the integration of new initiatives and projects within the production server/application environment(s). Reporting to the Systems Support Manager but working very closely with Senior Linux Administrators and other members of the team
Experience and Qualifications:
- Good understanding of a Linux distribution, preferably RHEL based, including some of the following:
- Package management (RPM / YUM)
- Network storage
- Knowledge of scripting tools (such as bash/awk/sed/perl/python).
- System monitoring tools (Nagios, Catci, MRTG, Tivoli ITM).
- Knowledge of open-source technologies (apache, samba, java/j2ee, tomcat, sendmail).
- Hardware skills from server installation and configuration (HP/DELL).
- Knowledge of virtualised environments.
- Knowledge of Database (MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience working in a production environment
- Understanding of ITIL principles.
- A passion for Linux (nice to have)
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This role will suit a customer focused individual who has the ability to remain calm under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines. You will be technically minded and quality focused with the flexibility to provide 24/7 (out of hours) support when needed with proven experience of working within a technical operations environment.
Closing Date: 25/11/2013