Temporary Newskies Helpdesk Agents
Reports to: Newskies Helpdesk Team Leader
Ryanair is Europe’s only ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC), operating more than 1,600 daily flights (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases, across 1,600 low fare routes, connecting 180 destinations in 29countries and operating a fleet of 303 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 175 new Boeing aircraft, which will be delivered between 2014 and 2018. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,000 highly skilled professionals, will carry over 81.5 millionpassengers this year and has an outstanding 29-year safety record.
The role of a Newskies agent is to assist finance, ground operation, airports, call centres etc to ensure smooth running of the Ryanair operations. Ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to and providing feedback to airports/ground ops/training etc.
We are looking to recruit a number of agents on permanent contracts therefore we are very interested hearing from candidates who have a strong knowledge & background in Aviation.
This is a temporary short term contract.
Newskies Helpdesk provides telephone & email support for all Ryanair European Airports and Call Centres. To provide this support agents are required to complete the below duties.
- Liaise with Ground Operations / Training Department pertaining to Airport issues.
- Booking of oxygen requests for passengers
- Notify passengers of cancellation/ schedule changes by email and SMS
- Update of web notices on Ryanair.com
- Create and maintain all access to the reservations system
- Liaise with systems department regarding any bugs and defects
- Twitter Account Support
- General administration duties
- Handling Immigration issues
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in similar role would be a distinct advantage
- Previous Airline/Airport experience would be a distinct advantage
- Must have flexible approach and ability to remain diplomatic and tactful whilst working under pressure
- Show a natural ability in problem solving.
- Proactive approach to dealing with errors/complaints
- Possess a high level of interpersonal and written skills
- A good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Personality traits - Enthusiasm, flexibility, patience and ability to work on your own initiative.
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual looking to thrive and progress in an expanding company
- Applicant must be flexible with working hours
- Applicants must show a natural ability in problem solving.
Working hours are on a shift basis. The team is operational Mon – Sun, 06.00 – 21.00. Shift times are as follows:
- 06.00 – 15.00
- 08.30 – 17.30
- 09.00 – 18.00
- 12.00 – 21.00
Closing Date: 23/12/2013