We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
PHP Web Developer
Reports to: Deputy Head of Sales and Marketing
Ryanair is Europe's only ultra-low cost airline, operating more than 1,500 flights per day (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases and 1,500 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting 178 destinations and operating a fleet of 305 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people, will carry over 79 million passengers in the current fiscal year (ending 31 Mar 2013) and has an unblemished 28-year safety record.
Ryanair are currently recruiting a Web Developer for their Dublin office. The successful candidate will be energetic and committed, able to work well from his/her own initiative while being an integral part of our team.
They will work closely with the rest of the web team to deliver the overall development program of Ryanair.com and will play an integral part in the optimisation of customer journey in order to maximise monetisation of Ryanair.com.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong PHP development skills using the Zend framework are essential
- Be familiar with relational databases especially MySQL and SQL server
- Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform issues
- Ability to render design mockups into HTML/CSS
- Experience estimating, delivering and maintaining highly transactional, feature-rich web products
- Contribute clean, secure and maintainable code to the project - ensuring that all code developed is adequately unit tested
- Ensure that all code developed is optimised code for performance and scalability
- Experience using version control systems in particular Mercurial
- Experience in Drupal module development
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience implementing third-party APIs
- Work examples (e.g. projects worked on, websites, features or plug-ins you developed) that showcase the above skills.
This position offers a competitive salary and the best travel benefits in the business.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organisation, then we want to hear from you!
Closing Date: 20/12/2012