Frequently Asked Questions
- Prohibited items in checked baggage
- I have forgotten/lost my boarding pass
- I have not received my Ryanair email itinerary - do I have a booking?
- Can I change a flight date, time, route?
- How do I check in online - step by step guide
- How can I pay for my Ryanair flights?
- Can I book a flight for next year?
- Top Travel Tips
- Prohibited items in the cabin
- What is Allocated Seating?
- Top Travel Tips
- Can I book a flight for next year?
- Where can I buy Ryanair gift vouchers?
- When will I receive my Ryanair gift vouchers?
- How can I redeem my Ryanair gift vouchers?
- Ryanair phone numbers and call centre opening hours
- Ryanair phone nunbers & customer service claim/email contact forms
- Can I book a connecting flight with Ryanair?
- What taxes, fees and charges may be charged by Ryanair?
- What is a Spanish resident discount?
- Text Message - Ryanair booking confirmation
- How can I get a receipt for my Ryanair flight?
- How can I request a Hungarian VAT receipt?
- How can I request a Italian VAT receipt?
- What is Complete Savings?
- How can I contact Complete Savings?
- Price comparison websites
- Price Guarantee
- Duplicate booking
- How can I pay for my flights?
- I have not received my email itinerary - do I have a booking/flight /reservation ?
- ‘Session lock’ error message on the Ryanair payment page
- Using www.ryanair.com in two or more internet browser pages
- What should I do if my payment has declined when making a new Ryanair booking?
- Flight confirmation page says booking is 'not confirmed'
- What and where is the credit/debit Card Verification Number (CVV) or Card Identification Number (CID)?
- Changing a flight date, time, route or name
- 24 hour grace period for correcting minor booking errors
- How much will a flight date/time/route or name change cost?
- Incorrect name booked - marriage or maiden name
- Payment has declined when changing flight times/dates online?
- Payment has declined when adding a service (bags/seats)
- Can I cancel my booking before travel?
- Refund-UK Air Passenger Duty (children 2 to 11 years)
- Death of an immediate family member who is not travelling
- Death or serious illness of a customer booked to travel
- What happens if my flight time is changed?
- What types of booking cannot be changed online?
- Does Ryanair have a mobile boarding pass service?
- Ryanair mobile app
- Who can use mobile boarding passes?
- Where do I need to present my mobile boarding pass?
- Are mobile boarding passes available for multiple customers in a booking?
- What information is displayed on a mobile boarding pass?
- How will I receive my mobile boarding pass?
- Mobile boarding pass not displaying properly on my mobile phone?
- I have checked in online can I now get a mobile boarding pass?
- Advance Passenger Information
- What data do you hold about me?
- Who will the data be passed to?
- Which countries have legislation to permit access to my data?
- What will the authorities be using this passenger data for?
- Will the data be transmitted securely?
- What passenger information is required?
- Can I supply this information to you online?
- Notice - EC Regulation 1107/2006 Carriage of Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility
- Can I bring a guide/assistance dog on a Ryanair flight?
- Am I fit to fly?
- Time limits for pre-advising airport special assistance requests
- Should I preadvise Ryanair of my condition if airport assistance is not required
- Can I pre-book a seat onboard when using airport special assistance services
- Cabin seating restrictions for customers with disabilities
- Customers required to travel with an accompanying passenger
- What types of airport special assistance are available?
- Where do I go in the airport to get my pre-booked special assistance?
- Can I bring my own electric wheelchair/mobility scooter?
- Onboard aisle wheelchair and toilets
- Carriage of special medical items
- Carriage of portable oxygen concentrators (POC)
- What is a medical equipment baggage waiver letter?
- Carriage of medical syringes onboard
- Can I bring my own therapeutic oxygen onboard?
- How can I book onboard therapeutic oxygen?
- What is a Therapeutic Oxygen - Medical Clearance Form?
- Carriage of a portable dialysis machine
- What is a "Fit to Fly Form"?
- Carriage of a Respiratory Personal Device
- Carriage of a medical personal device
- Lithium ion batteries in the aircraft cabin
- If I have a medical condition such as a stroke, epilepsy, heart condition, asthma or have recently had an operation can I still fly?
- Do diabetic customers need to preadvise?
- Can I travel with a broken limb in a cast?
- Can I travel if I have a minor infectious disease/skin condition?
- Customers with a nut allergy ?
- Can I purchase an extra seat for a large person?
- Prebooking a seat onboard
- What is allocated seating?
- How do I select a seat?
- Which seats can I select?
- Can I change my allocated seat?
- What happens to my allocated seat if I change my flight?
- Can I buy Priority Boarding?
- I have special assistance arranged for my flight - will a seat be allocated free of charge?
- Seat Allocation - Extra Seats
- Can a child (under 16) be added to an existing reservation?
- What is Ryanair's policy on the carriage of unaccompanied minors?
- Will families be split up if they do not wish to pay for allocated seating?
- Travelling with an infant?
- Can I bring infant equipment?
- Carriage of pushchairs/buggies
- Child car seats, Meru Travelchair and postural supports
- Can I book a separate seat for my child under 2 years old?
- Use of airline approved car seats onboard
- Family Extra - Discounts
- Inflight Menu
- What is a large family discount?
- Checked Baggage Allowance
- Cabin Baggage Allowance
- Can checked baggage allowances be pooled?
- Buy a Ryanair Approved Samsonite Cabin Bag
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Carriage of Infant Equipment - Car/Booster Seats, Travel Cots
- Carriage of Sports Equipment and Bikes
- Are Christmas Crackers/Party Poppers Accepted on Flights?
- Carriage of Footballs/Rugby Balls
- Carriage of Self Inflating Lifejacket
- Carriage of Avalanche Rescue Pack
- Carriage of Parachutes
- Carriage of a Portable Dialysis Machine
- Carriage of Musical Instruments in the Cabin and Aircraft Hold
- Extra Seat for a Wedding Dress
- Checked Baggage Fees
- Packing Checklist
- Prohibited items in the cabin
- Prohibited items in checked baggage
- Carriage of liquids in cabin baggage
- Damaged, Delayed or Lost Baggage
- Carriage of Domestic Animals/Pets
- Does Ryanair Carry Air Freight/Cargo
- Carriage of Human Remains
- Carriage of Ashes
- How can I make a complaint about an item I purchased onboard a flight?
- Use of electronic items onboard
- 'Quiet Flights' Service
- Is Smoking Permitted on Ryanair Flights?
- Why are some Seat Rows Blocked Off During Boarding?
- Can i use an electric cigarette onboard?
- Aircraft seat dimensions - Legroom
- Inflight Menu
- Can I bring food/drinks onboard?
- Can I bring and consume my own alcohol onboard?
- Can I arrange a cake/chocolates/champagne to be presented to a passenger onboard a Ryanair flight e.g. for someone's birthday?
- Contact for Airport Special Assistance - Reduced Mobility Passengers
- Contacting Customer Service
- Missing Baggage Airport Contact Numbers
- Compliments or General Complaints
- How do I register with Ryanair for special offers?
- Ryanair's Live Chat Service
- Where are you calling from?
- I am interested in Ryanair's Financial Reports/Company Information
- Advertising opportunities on Ryanair.com?
- Travel Insurance - How can I submit a claim on my Ryanair policy?
- Who can purchase Ryanair's travel insurance policy?
- How can I purchase travel insurance?
- Can I purchase travel insurance after I have made my flight booking?
- What happens if I want to change my booking and I have travel insurance booked?
- What do I do if I want to cancel my travel insurance policy?
- How can I view a copy of my travel insurance policy?
- Where can I find my travel insurance policy number?
- Issuance of insurance "no show" letters
- Can you issue a confirmation of a flight cancellation for insurance purposes
- Can you issue a confirmation of a flight delay over 3 hours for insurance purposes
- When does cover begin and end?
- Are there any exclusions to the policy?
- What is a pre-existing medical condition?
- Does the policy only exclude my pre-existing medical conditions?
- If I have or know of a pre-existing medical condition concerning the health of myself, my relatives, traveling companions or anyone else whose ill health would force me to cancel or cut short may trip, can I still buy a travel insurance policy?
- Is it possible to upgrade the policy to include a pre-existing medical condition?
- Can I buy a travel insurance policy if I am a resident of an EU country but I am working overseas?
- What are the age limits of the policy?
- What do I do if I need medical emergency assistance when I am away?
- How do I make a complaint?
Ryanair's Lowest Fares and Customer Service Charter
Ryanair believes that any worthwhile passenger service commitment should involve commitments to low prices and high punctuality. That's why Ryanair publish its Customer Service Statistics each month and these confirm that Ryanair is Europe’s No. 1 for Customer Service with unbeatable prices and punctuality.
RYANAIR PRICES, PUNCTUALITY AND SERVICE COMMITMENT
Ryanair commits to:
Offer the lowest price at all time on all routes:
Ryanair will continuously offer the lowest available prices to all passengers, on all routes on which we operate, regardless of which other airlines compete on those routes.
Passengers will always be offered the lowest available fare for their particular journey and itinerary at the time of booking through our website at Ryanair.com.
Ryanair will inform the passenger about the Terms and Conditions which apply to the fare chosen and any applicable taxes, fees and charges before payment is made.
If we become aware at any time of any competitors special offer fare which is lower than Ryanair’s, we will immediately lower our prices to ensure that we are lower again.
- Ryanair will continuously offer the lowest available prices to all passengers, on all routes on which we operate, regardless of which other airlines compete on those routes.
No fuel surcharge guaranteed
Ryanair will not impose a fuel surcharge on any passenger.
Honour the agreed fare after payment.
After payment for the ticket has been made, no fare increase will apply.
Notify passengers of known delays, cancellations and diversions.
Ryanair will notify passengers via the internet, email, text messages, at the Airport, or on board flights if they are affected by flight delays, cancellations or diversions.
Minimise the numbers of passengers facing delays.
Ryanair will continuously strive to be the No.1 on time airline on all routes. Comparisons with the most recent punctuality statistics released by the Association of Europe’s High Fares Airlines (AEA) confirm Ryanair's position as No.1 in Europe for punctuality. Ryanair passengers can be confident that they will suffer fewer delays than any other major airline in Europe.
Ryanair presently misplaces less than one bag per 3,000 passengers carried. This is the lowest of any European airline. Ryanair strives to further reduce this figure with an ultimate target of zero lost/mishandled bags. In the case of mishandled bags, Ryanair will make every reasonable effort to deliver the mishandled bag to the passenger within one working day of its arrival at final destination, free of charge.
- Ryanair will continuously strive to be the No.1 on time airline on all routes. Comparisons with the most recent punctuality statistics released by the Association of Europe’s High Fares Airlines (AEA) confirm Ryanair's position as No.1 in Europe for punctuality. Ryanair passengers can be confident that they will suffer fewer delays than any other major airline in Europe.
Allow reservation changes.
Unlike the high-fare airlines, Ryanair permit all tickets to be changed upon payment of an appropriate change fee and any fare upgrade (if applicable). This ticket change facility allows Ryanair customers to change their, flights times, dates, route (within the same country) or the names of passengers travelling and avoid the loss of their original tickets if they cannot travel as originally scheduled.
Respond quickly to passenger complaints and provide prompt refunds.
Ryanair enables passengers to forward their claim/complaints via web form, fax or post.
Under normal circumstances Ryanair will provide a substantive written response to complaints within 7 working days of receipt. We do not expect passengers to wait over 28 working days, as is the case with other high fare airline’s passenger service commitment.
Where a passenger claims and is entitled to a refund, Ryanair will issue that refund within 7 working days of approval.
- Ryanair enables passengers to forward their claim/complaints via web form, fax or post.
Speed up check-in.
Ryanair now operate an Online Check-In facility which allows passenger avoid all airport check-in queues and go straight to the boarding gate where they can enjoy priority boarding to the aircraft. Online check-in is available up to 4 hours before travel. Ryanair will continue to implement measures to speed up passenger check-in, and reduces transit times through airport buildings.
Minimise involuntarily denied boarding.
Ryanair is the only airline in Europe that does not overbook its flights; therefore Ryanair has eliminated the possibility of passengers being denied boarding due to overbooking. However if for technical or immigration reasons, it becomes necessary to accommodate passengers on another flight, Ryanair will try to prioritize the needs of and minimise the delay to those passengers effected and provide compensation in line with Regulation EU261/2004.
Provide Passenger Information
All passenger information at all times is provided on www.ryanair.com.
Ryanair will try at all times, to ensure that all passengers are travelling on a Ryanair aircraft and are provided with a Ryanair service.
Ryanair will not enter into alliances with other airlines so that we can pretend we fly to destinations that we actually don't or charge high fares.
- All passenger information at all times is provided on www.ryanair.com.
Information to passengers at the time of booking
The scheduled departure and arrival time of the flights
The Airport/Terminal of departure and arrival
- The Terms and Conditions attached to the fare
- The scheduled departure and arrival time of the flights
We call on all EU Governments and the EU Commission to deliver to airline passengers what they really need, namely substantive commitments on lower prices, on punctuality and on key services, by making it mandatory that all EU airlines publish their Customer Service Statistics each and every month.