Senior Web Developer
Ryanair is Europe's only ultra-low cost airline, operating more than 1,500 flights per day (over 500,000 per year) from 57 bases and 1,500 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting 178 destinations and operating a fleet of 305 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people, will carry over 79 million passengers in the current fiscal year (ending 31 Mar 2013) and has an unblemished 28-year safety record.
- Designing, building and supporting Business Applications in a dynamic, high volume environment with a focus on the Ryanair Mobile and Internet Booking engine, supporting one of Europe's busiest web sites.
- Ensuring all code complies with the highest security and technical standards.n - Support of Back office/Operational business applications across Ryanair.
- Integration of 3rd party solutions within the Ryanair technical environment ensuring all solutions are robust and performing optimally.
- Participation in feasibility studies , providing technical input to business cases.
- Using the following technologies: Microsoft.NET, C#, XML, XSLT, JQuery, Objective C, AJAX, SQL Server.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their technical and business knowledge working across Ryanair's Reservations and Operational systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of the Microsoft .NET platform.
- Expert knowledge of C#, XML, XSLT ,AJAX, JQuery , Objective C and SQL.
- Experience of working with large Web sites/underlying databases/Mobile Applications.
- Deep understanding and awareness of the coding standards required for high volume web sites from a security and performance perspective.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a high volume website environment of which 2 years should be in a lead/design role.
- Airline knowledge would be an advantage.
- A primary degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Please email full curriculum vitae with cover letter (quoting reference number FRSWD01) to Leanne Morrissey at email@example.com
Closing Date: 17/09/2012