Ryanair Passengers to Elect New SAS CEO
WIN A WEEKEND IN VENICE WORTH €1,000
Ryanair, Ireland’s favourite airline, today (17th Aug) launched an online ‘election’ to find a new CEO for SAS after Mats Jansen confirmed he was retiring from the high fares airline last week. Ryanair is asking its passengers to vote for the most popular candidate to take the job in order to reverse the falling passenger numbers at SAS – and lower its high fares.
The poll, which is available on www.ryanair.com until Friday 20th Aug, suggests:
· The Staff of “Astrid Lindgren Värld” – because low fares are not fairytales…
· Benny Andersson (ABBA) - “take a chance on me”
· Boring Brigitta – to publish SAS’ first sexy cabin crew calendar
· Elin Nordgren – for getting rid of excess baggage
· Ingvar Kamprad – because the lowest costs always win!
· Kerstin L. Göransson (Head of ARN) – from one useless organisation to another
Ryanair’s Daniel de Carvalho said:
“With SAS’ traffic falling by 11% in the first half of this year, Mats Jansen sensible choice was to go home and think about the reasons why passengers deserted SAS and chose Ryanair’s lowest fares instead.
“To assist the SAS board in the decision who should be SAS’ next CEO Ryanair is asking its passengers to vote for the most popular candidate to take the job.
To find a winner Ryanair passengers can now vote which of these candidates should be selected as the next CEO to preside over SAS high fares and continued traffic fall on www.ryanair.com until Friday 20th August. One lucky entrant will win a weekend for two in a 4 star hotel in Venice, worth over €1,000, in October.”