We're sorry, but the vacancy you selected has expired
Sales & Marketing Manager, Italy
Reports to: Head of Sales & Marketing Europe
Ryanair is the World's favourite airline and operates more than 1,500 flights per day from 50 bases and 1,400 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting over 165 destinations. Ryanair operates a fleet of 283 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft with firm orders for a further 28 new aircraft (before taking account of planned disposals), which will be delivered over the next year. Regulated by the Irish Aviation Authority, Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people and expects to carry 75 million passengers in the current fiscal year.
- Increase passenger volumes & drive sales across 300+ routes across Italy.
- Deliver national & regional promotions within these markets.
- Deliver topical advertisements for newspaper print.
- Deliver big brand partnerships.
- Identify worthwhile sponsorship opportunities.
- Ensure that key Ryanair messages are loud & clear in cooperation with Head of Sales & Marketing & Head of Communications.
- Manage & develop Sales Executives & ensure that they deliver set targets.
- Initiate & deliver a prepared programme of Sales, Marketing & PR activities for new routes & bases such that commercial targets for launches are met & exceeded.
- Maximise output of our PR Agencies & the Sales & Marketing Departments at our Airports.
- Arrange & hold weekly press conferences highlighting the importance of Ryanair to the region (extensive travelling involved).
- Market intelligence; ensuring you (and you team) are up to date on all relevant market issues.
- Identify, develop and grow relationships with the media in each market.
- Liaise & meet with tourist boards & relevant Government departments to add value to our Sales & Marketing Planning.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Commercial focus.
- Sales drive with proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of the political /economical situation in Italy.
- Fluent written and oral English & Italian essential.
- Confident & upbeat personality.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi task and able to work on own initiative.
- Experience in dealing with the Media.
Closing Date: 22/03/2012