From Bavaria’s stunning mountainous landscapes and majestic castles to the cosmopolitan buzz of Berlin, Germany has something for everyone. Book your Germany fights with Ryanair, and enjoy reliable and on-time service at the cheapest rates across Europe!
Top things to do in Germany
- For history and culture, spend some time in Berlin. Top sights include the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate and the beautiful Reichstag building. Take a tour around Museum Island and appreciate the architecture of the featured institutions such as Pergamonmuseums and Neues Museum.
- Love beer? You’ll love Germany. Oktoberfest attracts visitors from all over to experience the largest beer festival in the world. Travellers can always find great company in one of the city’s legendary beer halls, most notably Hofbräuhaus München.
- Take a trip to the iconic Neuschwanstein Castle in Hohenschwangau – the inspiration for the fairytale castles at Disney theme parks.
- Visit Germany’s iconic Cologne Cathedral located in the city of Cologne. This regal Roman Catholic church has sky-high towers, Gothic architecture, and Romanesque beauty that is hard to miss.
- For those who love winter sports, visit Zugspitze mountain, the highest peak in Germany and a popular ski destination.
Holiday in Germany
There isn’t really a ‘right’ time to visit Germany, as countless different events happen throughout the year. Oktoberfest, held at the end of September to the first weekend in October is perfect for travellers looking for the party, whereas the wonderful Christmas markets might be better suited for a more family-friendly holiday. For the nature fans who enjoy scenic promenades, consider visiting Germany in the pleasant summer months. Reserve your flight to Germany with Ryanair, and keep up-to-date on your trip through your personalised myRyanair mobile app.