As one of the UK’s most important musical and cultural hubs, Liverpool is the perfect destination for a city break.
From its football team to its Fab Four legacy, the city has a lot to be proud of. Book flights to Liverpool and experience the unique Merseyside vibe for yourself.
When to book flights to Liverpool
Summertime in Liverpool is lovely – the city isn’t known for its year-round beautiful weather but in summer the parks and streets come alive with people hanging out and enjoying the longer evenings. Summer is festival season too and Liverpool has lots of music events running all summer, so if that’s your thing then book flights to Liverpool in summer.
If you’re a football fan, the season kicks off in September - watching Liverpool FC play in Anfield is one of the best things you can do in Liverpool.
Throughout late autumn and winter you’ll experience a quieter side of Liverpool. Tourist numbers drop - as does the temperature to between 9°C and 17°C. Flights to Liverpool are cheaper at this time of year though so if you have the right clothing, the weather won’t matter!
Need accommodation after you’ve booked your flights to Liverpool? Take a look at Ryanair Rooms for competitive prices on hotels and accommodation in the city centre and to save money on your next flight.
When your flights to Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL) land, you’ll find the airport is just 13km from the city centre, which is easily accessible by bus or taxi. If you’d like that bit of extra freedom during your trip, or you’re planning to see more than just the city centre, book a rental car with Ryanair Car Hire and your car will be ready and waiting for you when your Liverpool flights arrive.
What to See in Liverpool?
· The Beatles Story: Visit this famous Liverpool museum and learn how one of the most influential bands in the world was formed, and how the planet was overcome with Beatlemania.
· If you’re not lucky enough to secure tickets to see Liverpool FC play, you can always experience Anfield another way, with a tour of the stadium itself. Learn the history of the club and imagine what it would feel like being surrounded by 50,000 screaming supporters as you step on to the pitch.
· The Royal Albert Dock is a major cultural hub in Liverpool, with amazing exhibitions at Tate Liverpool running year round. Head to the docks for great food, drink, and of course, atmosphere!
· Do the Liverpool Ghost Walking Tour. Wander the city while you hear tales of paranormal activity that will send chills up your spine. A unique and immersive way to discover the city.
· Visit the RopeWalks quarter for its interesting mix of art, music and cultural attractions.
Book your flights to Liverpool with Ryanair and for more tips and advice on what to see, do and eat in Liverpool, check out our Liverpool guides on Try Somewhere New.