Home of the famous Algarve region, Portugal is a country filled with hidden beaches, fascinating cities and staggeringly beautiful landscapes. For a holiday to one of Europe’s sunniest countries, book your tickets to Portugal with Ryanair and enjoy the lowest fares across the continent.
Top Reasons to Visit Portugal
- The food. Try sea bass, octopus and more in a country with the highest fish consumption per capita in Europe. Head to Lagos for some of the best fish dishes around, as well as a chance to walk around its seafood markets.
- Natural landscapes. Portugal was created by volcanic activity and it has left the country filled with incredible mountains, caves and springs. Miles of unspoilt coastline mean you can find your own piece of heaven.
- The art, history and vibrancy of the cities. Some date back to the golden age of exploration, so history buffs will love exploring the many monuments. Aesthetically the cities look amazing, with intricate patterns adorning every path and medieval buildings dominating the skylines.
- Portugal has a mind blowing nightlife scene sure to excite lovers of late-night parties. Check out Lisbon and Porto for the very best.
- The island of Madeira is a stunning example of the nation’s finest nature, scenery, fine wine and top cuisine.
Portugal has consistently good weather, even in the winter months when travellers can still enjoy sitting outside in the sun. Fly to Portugal with Ryanair – Europe’s favourite airline.