A beach holiday and city break combined, this coastal gem is located on the Atlantic Ocean in the province of Pontevedra. Vigo is ideal for families, seafood lovers, historians, culture vultures and sun-worshippers. Fly to Vigo with Ryanair – Europe’s favourite airline!
Experience the Best of Vigo
- Enjoy olde-worlde Vigo in Casco Vello, with its antique buildings and narrow streets all winding their way to its four unique plazas.
- Eat your way through Fish Street (Rúa Pescadería) in historic La Piedra. This is where the celebrated ostreiras (female oyster sellers) display their expertise honed over 60 years.
- Playa de Samil is a beautiful sandy beach, and beachside facilities include a skating rink, cafés and picnic areas.
- The Castro Fortress was built in 1665 to defend the city, and offers panoramic views from its skeletal remains. Visit during the Reconquista Festival in March, celebrating the 1809 uprising which lead to Vigo’s independence.
- GR53 is a walking route that spans 55 kilometres of the best of Vigo's countryside, incorporating nature reserves and archaeological remains.
Travelling in Vigo
Walking is the best way to enjoy Vigo and experience its unique atmosphere. Ferries service the town as well as the surrounding areas and countries. Book your flight to Vigo with Ryanair, Europe's first and largest low fares airline.
- Vigo–Peinador Airport (VGO)
|To rent a car in Vigo, click here